How do I get to Washington State?

Well, you get here by applying for admission, and you leave here by graduating (after a whole lot of work). But that’s not what you’re really asking, is it? We are located at 710 Colegate Drive, Marietta, OH 45750. A Google map of Washington State can be found here.

I need to get a student ID. Where do I go to get one?

To get your student ID, just stop by the Carson K. Miller Library. Please bring a copy of your class schedule and another form of photo identification, such as a driver’s license.

Do I need to get a parking permit? If so, where do I get it?

Student parking is in the upper parking lot and you do not need a parking permit to park here. However, be warned, parking in non-student sanctioned parking spaces can result in tickets and/or towing.

Besides classes, what else is there to do on campus?

Even though Washington State is a commuter campus, student and campus life is very active. Student activities, including musical and cultural events, clubs, pool tournaments, and our annual homecoming events provide plenty of opportunities for you to enjoy some fun.

Is childcare provided on-site?

The Evergreen Child Development Center is located on the campus of Washington State. It serves students, employees, and the community with quality child development services.

I’m experiencing technical difficulties/issues with my Washington State e-mail and/or Student Planning. How do I fix this?

While technology can provide an efficient means of communication, sometimes technical issues require some assistance. Our Help Desk is available to provide assistance with your technical questions. Contact the them by email at

Is there a student handbook at Washington State?

Our Student Handbook is available here. Feel free to download it directly to your phone or PC.

What resources and opportunities are available for students who are U.S. military veterans?

Washington State has established a Veterans office designed to address the needs of those who have served our country in the military. We also have a Veterans Club on campus that is open to Veterans and Veteran Supporters.

What resources and opportunities are available for students with disabilities?

Prospective college students with disabilities will find that Washington State is equipped to address accessibility, accommodation, and assistive technology for a diverse range of needs. Incoming students with documented physical, psychological, or cognitive disabilities should contact the Student Disability Services Coordinator, located in the Office of Student Disability Services in the Library Building in the Center for Student Success.

What is WSCO’s commitment to diversity?

Washington State College of Ohio embraces human diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunities, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination. Discrimination against any individual based upon protected status, which is defined as age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status, is prohibited. Equal access to employment opportunities, admission, educational programs, and all other university activities is extended to all persons. Click here for more information.

Can I get college credit for advanced courses I've had in high school?

Yes. The State of Ohio has initiated policies which pertain to students taking Advanced Placement (AP) courses. The policy states that students with an AP exam score of 3 or above will be awarded the aligned course(s) and credits for the AP exam area(s) successfully completed. The course and credits received will be applied towards graduation and will satisfy a general education requirement if the course(s) to which the AP area is equivalent fulfill(s) a requirement. If an equivalent course is not available for the AP exam area completed, elective or area credit will be awarded in the appropriate academic discipline and will be applied towards graduation where such elective credit options exist within the academic major. Additional courses or credits may be available when a score of 4 or 5 is obtained.

Is there new student orientation?

YES! Prior to the start of each semester, we offer several dates for new students to come in and learn about Washington State. During orientation you’ll:

  • Discover the resources that exist at Washington State College of Ohio, such as the Center for Student Success and the Library
  • Learn how to use MyWSCO, Washington State's web portal, which gives you access to your college email account, academic records, financial aid awards, and registration tools
  • Receive important information about your financial aid and upcoming deadlines
  • Tour the campus and familiarize yourself with your classrooms

See when we offer our next orientation here.

Do I need a certain high school GPA to enroll?

Washington State Is Open Enrollment. So that means we have No Specific G.P.A, No Specific ACT/SAT Score and No Pre-Requisites.

My question isn’t listed here. Who do I contact?

If you still have questions, call Admissions at 740.568.1900 and one of our staff members will be happy to answer your questions, or find the appropriate person for you to speak with.