How do I apply for admission?

You can apply online or download and print a paper application and send it to the Admissions Office - 710 Colegate Drive, Marietta, Ohio 45750, Fax - 740.376.0257, or email to Apply Now!

What is open admission? What is selective admissions?

WSCO is an open admission college. Open admission means that anyone who wants to go to Washington State College of Ohio can (assuming they have graduated from high school or have a GED). While WSCO is open admission, our some of our programs are selective admissions. Selective admissions means that there are requirements that must be met in order to gain admissions. Students should first apply to WSCO and then complete the application to the health program of their choice.

Is there a deadline to apply?

WSCO processes applications on a rolling basis, as we receive them. While there’s not an official application deadline, students must complete an application to begin the enrollment process, which includes assessment and financial aid. It is important to allow ample time to complete all aspects of the enrollment process. So the earlier you apply, the better! See the Priority Application Deadlines.

Is there a cost to apply?


Do I need to take the ACT or SAT in order to apply to Washington State?

Washington State is an open enrollment institution and does not require ACT/SAT scores for general admission to the college. However, our health science programs have different requirements, which may include ACT or SAT scores. Please contact the Admissions Office at 740.568.1900 or to have a health science program packet sent to you.

How do I contact admissions for a tour of the campus?

Contact the Admissions Office at 740.568.1900 or and we’ll be glad to help you make an appointment, or register for one of a variety of visit options on

When do classes start?

Washington State has three (3) terms: Fall, Spring, and Summer during the calendar year. There is also a Winter Intersession term from December to January. Refer to the Academic Calendar to see when the next term begins.

How much do classes cost and can I get Financial Aid?

WSCO charges tuition based on the number of credit hours you take. Depending on which classes you take, there may be additional costs in the form of lab fees that you may be required to pay. Check with the Business Office to see exactly how much you owe for the current term. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The first step is to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). FAFSA is an online form that you complete based on tax information. You’ll need to put in Washington State’s school code, 010453, which allows your information to be sent to Washington State. Once the Financial Aid Office has your information, they’ll be able to determine what type of aid for which you may be eligible. If you have any questions regarding financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 740.568.1908.

What is the ACCUPLACER placement test?

The ACCUPLACER is a free online placement assessment that tests your English, math, and reading skills. It will assist the academic advisor in helping you create a class schedule that meets your educational needs.

What if I have taken my ACT/SAT test?

WSCO offers an ACT/SAT crosswalk which compares scores with the ACCUPLACER Placement test. Test scores must be no more than 2-years old at the time of registration at WSCO.

Where do I go to take the ACCUPLACER placement test?

The ACCUPLACER placement test is done in the Center for Student Success located in the Library. Please call 740.568.1913 or stop by the Center for Student Success to schedule an appointment.

I’ve attended another college or university. Will any of my credits transfer to Washington State?

In order to determine if any of your credits from another college or university will transfer in as credit at Washington State, you’ll need to have those colleges or universities you've attended send in your transcript(s). Our Records Office will evaluate your transcripts to determine what credit, if any, will be given.

Can I transfer from Washington State to another college or university?

Of course! Our students have great success when transferring from Washington State to another college or university to complete their 4-year degree. For more information regarding transferring, please visit the transfer section of the Washington State website.

I would like to take classes that will transfer to another institution I'm attending. Can I do that at Washington State?

Absolutely! In this situation, you would enroll at Washington State as a transient or guest student. It’s important that you work with your academic advisor at your home institution to plan which course you will take at WSCO. We have created a streamlined process for our transient students to make it easy for you to register for classes without coming to campus.

I previously attended Washington State and want to return. What do I need to do?

Welcome back! Please submit a new application for admission. If you would like a paper application for general admission to WSCO or an application packet for one of our health programs, please contact Admissions at 740.568.1900 or You will need to apply for financial aid using the FAFSA form. You’ll need to meet with an academic advisor to create your schedule and register for classes. The Records Office provides downloadable forms for students who need to change their name or address. View the checklist on the Returning Students page.

How do I know who my academic advisor is?

If this is your first term at Washington State, you’ll meet with a first-time advisor in the Center for Student Success. Beyond your first term, you’ll be assigned an academic advisor based on the major you’ve selected. If you have any questions regarding your academic advisor, please refer to our advisor directory on the Faculty & Staff page or stop by the Records Office. If you’re returning to Washington State, please call the Center for Student Success to set up an appointment with an academic advisor. The advisor will help you select courses based on your educational goals.

Can I audit a class?

Students can choose to audit a class, which means that they will not receive credit for the class. Keep in mind that classes that are audited cannot be counted towards graduation requirements and are not included in the computation of the cumulative grade point average. Check with your advisor to decide if auditing a class is right for you.

My transcript says that it is official, why won't the Records Office accept it?

For the Records Office to accept an official transcript, it needs to be in a sealed envelope. If the envelope has been opened, the transcript becomes unofficial. When a school gives you a copy of your transcript in a sealed envelope to give to another school, do not open it.